Hi! I'm Dr. Lizzie
Creating healthy smiles has always been my passionWith over 10 years of higher-level academia under my belt, I’ve acquired both Master’s and Doctorate degrees in Oral Health.Though originally a Prattville Lion from Alabama, I became a proud Mountain Mama when my husband, Matt O’Dell (a WV native) swept me off my feet and promised me a life full of “Wild and Wonderful” things. Since 2013, I have been honored to serve as a public servant for the children of West Virginia.
Fun Facts About Me:
- I am an animal lover! I have a little 12 lb pup (Pomeranian and Peekapoo mix) named Ellie.
- Believe it or not, I do have other hobbies besides dentistry! I love to sew, ski, cook, and blog. You can follow me on Instagram: @dentist.lizzie
- I define myself as a jetsetter; I’ve traveled to countries far and wide, including my favorites: Norway, Vietnam, and Chile.
- 2003-2007 University of Alabama at Birmingham
- 2007-2011 University of Alabama School of Dentistry
- 2011-2013 University of Illinois at Chicago (Pediatric Dental Training)
- 2013-2016 Associateships with Dr. Don Skaff and Dr. Kim Lough
- 2016 GRAND OPENING of CREATIVE PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY
Because Your Child Deserves The Best
I am passionate about serving my community, because people here deserve the very best.It is my honor to advocate for special needs children. One way I do that is by partnering with Autism CARES. I designed a signature 6-step behavior therapy program that helps provide these young rock stars with the best care possible. We hope to fully fund this program for our patients through the sales of Autism CARES t-shirts in our office. It is my privilege to serve on the CAMC Cleft and Craniofacial Team. The long-term effects for a child with a cleft or lip palate can be detrimental, both physically and psychologically. My mission, then, is to ease that little dreamer’s transition and karate-chop any barriers they face. It is my joy to be an educator, because to me education is power. I stay on the cutting edge of information so that I can empower myself, and then I try to share it with others. One way I do that is by speaking at local dentists’ gatherings, informing my toothbrush-yielding colleagues of new behavior management therapies and up-to-date treatment modalities.
Believer in Continuing Education
To say I’m “dedicated” is an understatement when it comes to providing your child with both the BEST dental treatment and the BEST dental experience. While I am proud to be a member of many important organizations (listed below) and honored to have been nationally recognized for my work, my focus is really on serving each child who walks through the doors of our office. You are a vital part of the Creative Family…let’s create your smile, together.
- Nominated for 2019 Incisal Edge’s “Top 40 under 40” dentist in the United States
- Board-certified pediatric dentist
- Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Member of the West Virginia Dental Association on the local, state, and national levels
- Member of the Kanawha Valley Dental Society
- Member of the American Dental Association
- Member of the American Association of Pediatric Dentists on the local, state, and national level
- On staff and maintains privileges in the Department of Surgery Division of Pediatric Dentistry at the Charleston Area Medical Center and Cabell Huntington Hospital
We Love Our Patients!
Took my daughter here for her first appointment before turning 2. While she did not love getting her teeth cleaned, they made the experience as fun as possible with a balloon and toys all around!
Staff and facility are topnotch. Very understanding of how kids need to be treated.
Great dentist and Staff! Always a great experience and very clean.
Dr. Lizzie and her staff are the absolute best around. We are completely satisfied with the care our children receive there!
This place is great. The dental hygienists manage to calm my little ones right away. Dr. Lizzie is kind and professional.
Both my kids go here. They have a great staff and the doc is great with kids. Highly recommend.